Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Failed Attempt: 2

As I am struggling to balance out between school-works and work, life is just not quite all sweet right now. Thus, it is no insanity for me to satisfy my sweet craving for FLAN! The delicate dessert is known for its succulent taste and soft texture, all the reasons that leave me to have more. 



That was my last flan while I was in Brazil. This piece of heaven costed me only 5 US dollars (after currency exchange) and believe me, I wanted more when since I'm back. 

This is my second attempt for making flan  and I really wanted to put my utmost effort into this project.  Since my first attempt of cheesecake was a success, Tyler Florence is the man at the hour; thus, I entrusted his recipes and decided to follow it once more. This recipe seems quite easy to follow for its step-by-step instructions and simple language. I am an ignorant when it comes to cooking jargons and related terms. 

I followed the recipe with my most attentive details and effort. The caramel glaze was even very good, although it takes two trials this time. Upon slicing the flan, I noticed a sudden burst of liquid came out from the flan which personally thought was quite odd because the flan is supposed to be intact and soft. The whole "flan colossal" collapsed after I sliced the first one. There goes again, another wasted effort on flan only this time, it is a mystery since I do not know which steps I have mistaken or wronged about. I guess in some ways, it was not a wasted effort at all; for the trial and errors of life; for the mistakes I've made. you only know about true result something after it has been finished and for that, I will try again to make this perfect flan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment