Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Spicy Italian Meatloaf

I picked up this recipe while grocery shopping at my, once again, favorite local food market. This dish is among one of many favorite dishes of Western cuisine. Meatloaf is a comfort food and usually used as a cure for those with a broken heart and a supplement for satisfaction goodness. For me, this is an experiment for the supplemental goodness.

Spicy Italian Meatloaf

1 1/2 lb. Ground Beef
1 Jar Canyon Foods Giardiniera Relish
1/2 Cup of Italian Style Bread Crumbs
1/4 Cup Milk
3/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese (Reserve 1/4 Cup)
1 8 oz. can Tomato Sauce (Reserve 1/4 Cup)
2 Eggs (slightly beaten)
1/2 Cup diced Mozzarella (Optional)

Directions: Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl until incorporated. Place in a loaf pan or roll in parchment paper and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Top with reserved tomato sauce and parmesan and bake an addtional 10 minutes or an internal temperature of 160 degrees.



Above depicted the images of the easy-preparation-and-cook meatloaf in a scrambled form and a log of meat.


Please excuse me for my unappeal photo skills...There's a reason why I don't own a Canon or Nikon as my camera of choice. I received 4 stars from both judges for this meatloaf.

P.S. Pick up a recipe from HEB kitchen station...it will do you some good, as it did to moi.

No comments:

Post a Comment