Thursday, April 9, 2009

Fried Catfish (Indian Style)

Sooo If you have not notice the trend, this post is also another "All "fried" related". The topic and recipe of today's experiment are provided by a good friend of mine, chose to remained anonymity. We shall name the friend Jackolantern for the time being.

The recipe for this dish is fairly quite simple since and fried batter is not in the mix. I got the fish from HEB (my favorite grocery store of College Station) and the cost for two catfishes is about 5 dollars, not bad at all. I chose not to follow the normal mix of conventional catfish served at restaurants but rather just to fried them with hot oil. The seasonings for this dish are the normal seasonings of salt, sugar, and garlic powder. One exception, the friend "accidentally" poured a bit of curry powder into the mix and almost instantly, the marinated fishes have a new aroma, and its smell quite tasty uncooked.


The pictures above are the catfishes while being marinated and cooked on the spot. I am eating the fish as typing and the slight touch of curry flavor does add a whole lot to the whole dish. I gave myself 5 thumbs up.

=]

No comments:

Post a Comment