Monday, April 27, 2009

A quick dessert...."che chuoi"

Che chuoi is the dessert I have chosen today for my entry and this dessert reminds me of my homeland a lot. Our family emigrated from Vietnam for over 8 years now and to be quite honest, as many others, I've been Americanized; for the good and bad. I still retain some ethnic identity of my own Vietnamese heritage since I still can read and write in Vietnamese quite fluently; however, I often have trouble trying to find the right vocabulary for translation from English to Vietnamese.

Che chuoi is one of those dishes that have grown with you and every now and then, you just got to have it; to suffice for your thirst of your own identity in a different way. Personally, it is one of my favorite Vietnamese dessert; its succulent taste and easy-to-make recipe. It did not take me more than 20 minutes to make this dessert at all and this dish's inspiration is purely out of spontaniety.

The pictures below depcited the "suppose product" and the "experimental result". The first picture can be accessible through online and the next picture is the version from my own lab. You can tell the difference right away. First, this is a spontaneous idea; thus, there were not adequate "funding" and the lack of "supplies" shortened the ideal image of a picture perfect situation. Secondly, the second picture depicted the dessert while cooking since I was too lazy to get my phone and snap a picture for the finished product. Last, I was not feeling well so that might have taken a bit out of my enthusiasm for the dessert also.





Have a great day and enjoy eating!

=]

No comments:

Post a Comment