Sunday, March 29, 2009

THe meaning of Buffet....

So while in Brazil, I have had the privilege to tests my grounds, food wise. All "food" considered, the best food I had was at a Brazilian steakhouse. The restaurant we dined at was only 4 blocks away from our hotel so our group decided to give it a "test run".

The restaurant was located in an upscale neighborhood that catered to the influx of tourists from all over the world. Surprisingly, the Brazilian steakhouse is very similar to the etiquette of a buffet restaurant. EAT ALL YOU WANT ( ALL MEATS)!!! personally, this is a paradise to me since i'm a meat-lover fan. on your table, there is a small round card that has two sides of colors: green and red. The green side indicated a notion of "keep em' coming" and the red side of "let me rest". The servers looked at your card to determine if your table needs to be served or not. The varieties of meat were abundant...there were at least 20 servers holding meat skewers (giant ones!!!).

Since I've been home, I have done some research about the local brazilian steakhouse alike and the google's results for "brazilian steakhouse" came up to be amounted at thousands for the same name "Fogo de chaos". I scanned through their website and the price for each person is about $50 per plate, which i think is quite expensive but for the looooovvveee of food. I will try it out one day or when i can find some local brazilian restaurants like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment