Thursday, March 19, 2009

Under 21, Read with precaution....

Well this is during spring break week and I am enjoying mine oversea. Yes, I'm sorry for the rest of you that just cannot join me on this trip. I feel quite bad too =[. I hope everyone is enjoying their spring break because this is the only time we can rest before final exams come around.

For this blog, because that I am in Brazil, I have to "relocate my lab" to Rio de Janeiro. My experiment for this session is an alcoholic drink called "caipirinha" (under 21....please don't try this at home hahaha). Caipirinha is an indeginous drink to the Brazilian people; famous for its name and taste worldwide. One of the main ingredient for caipirinha is "cachaca" (pure sugar cane alcohol). For the Brazilian people, this drink is defined as their national identity. Since I've arrived in Rio, this drink is too good to go to waste, even though the alcohol content is quite strong. Yes, I am a very responsible person so I drink to supplement with the food, not because I am an alcoholic. I gave an an attempt to make it in my hotel room and according to my fellow travelers (the judges can't be here) it is a 1.5 out of 4 thumbs (one thumb got chopped in half =]). I gave it my very best try. I will need to consult my bartender friends on this expertise....Until then, I would recommend "caipirinha" to anyone (over 21 of course) because this drink defined Rio as a city, Brazil as a country, and the uniqueness of the Latin American continent.

No comments:

Post a Comment