Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Failed Attempt Count: 1

So i received a request to make a milk flan for today's "lab" test. I spent a good 15 minutes looking up the recipe on google. Apparently, there are different versions of flan and there is such a thing as CHOCOLATE FLAN...I just thought that it was interesting...so I decided to follow this recipe and began shopping for my ingredients at the usual HEB store. What I like about this website is that the visual presentation of the site, which seems to be homemade and easy (as I thought.)

Well to make the story short, I failed to get even the basics of the flan right; the caramel part was, by far, the toughest challenge I have ever encountered. First try, the sugar was burnt and the whole kitchen smelled like burnt rubber; very foul odor. Second try, the sugar was burnt, again! Third try, I took noticed of the heat this time and removed off the stove a lil bit too early; thus, unsuable.....Fourth try, the color is superb, the texture is right, but the taste is horrible..I just dont know why....Fifth try, I RAN OUT OF SUGAR! I wasted soooooo much sugar for this "lab" and flunked the test horribly because I didn't have the ingredient. Oh well, I still have some leftover dessert from Chilis for my "judges"

=[

No comments:

Post a Comment