Friday, May 1, 2009

Vietnamese jellatin dessert

The inspiration for today's topic was suggested by my mom. My mom is a perfectionist when it comes to culinary quest and she is the master of everything authentic Vietnamese cuisine. Many dishes for this blogs are advised by my mom (through the phone). After receiving the news that I have decided to keep a food blog for a class, she suggested that I should do a Vietnamese food blog titled "Momma's advice" but I rejected it.

Rau cau is a jellatin dessert that is known throughout Asia. Each country has their own version of rau cau and it is a very fun to make. However, it must be noted that rau cau required meticulous attention since the preparations are not hard, yet, quite very easy to mess up. Furthermore, this dessert, like many other desserts, are not one of those that can be serve right away and patience is a must. Like many other dishes I have prepared as well, I made a few changes and trust me, my version of this dessert is nothing like the picture shown of the link. One unique thing about this dessert is that there is no rigid way to make this dessert. Everyone endowed a certain specific creativity and this dessert is perfect for your own good. You can mess around with the color, the patterns, or the shape and sizes of any object. Freewill at work. I have decided to post up some pictures from other websites of their own version of rau cau for you guys to catch a glimpse of the varieties out there. MUST note that each of these pictures are different and different mold were used, one CANNOT shape this dessert by hand and required time to solidify.


ALL these pictures are very unique and diverse and how different and creative you can be with this dessert. AND all these pretty looking rau cau are made possible with their own MOLD and without these molds, it would not be possible. THUS, my version is very simple and normal. I just simply layer the colors with one another for the sake of contrast. I will make another update post about MY version and DEFINITELY they won't be looking like the ones showcased here haha

=]


No comments:

Post a Comment