Monday, May 4, 2009

Update

Sooo this post is about an update from the post below *looks down* of the jellatin dessert. As shown below *points down*, those pictures are the pictures of different people's attempt. As for my version, it is very plain and simple as I just simply do not have the time and the supplies to carve a giant masterpiece. I also update some pictures I have taken for some of the ingredients that were used in this post

These are the raw pictures and taken at very bad angle and lighting as well. These pictures are captured by my phone, the infamous iPhone.

This is the base powder in which I have used for this jellatin. As advised, my mom recommended that after i mix this powder with water. I should let it chill for couple of hours. It's one of thos ecooking myth in which is transpread through experiences, not actual science.

This is the condensed milk in which I have grown up with and definitely, i would not like any other condensed milk, ever. If you just cannot find this brand, regular condensed milk of any brand will do; personal preferrence.

The food colors I picked up at HEB. Since these colors are flavorless, you should reconsider about adding some fruit concentrates such as yellow for banana or red for strawberry. I used those two fruit extracts for this jellatin and they complement the colors of this jellatin perfectly.


Before and after pictures of food colorings and flavoring process. I also used coffe/milk flavor mix in these as well. A lil bit of coffee doesnt hurt at all. The coffee must be fresh brewed though for the fragrance of its essence.

These are my products after 25 hours in the fridge and I think they look quite alright. Both judges were impressed at my final products and received 4 thumbs up (just by looking at it). I think the color and appearance are quite ok considering the fact that they are just molded by food containers and cups. I made three cups for my roommates and I.

Goodnight College Station.

=]

No comments:

Post a Comment