Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Tofu and Tomato Soup

This is the supposed last post of my 22 post requirements for my English class, that won't be the case anymore. Over this past semester, I have enjoyed this experience so much. I got to be more familiar with my culinary techniques and my stomach doesn't go empty quite often as before. My "judges" are enjoying it too since they get to taste some very tasty dishes and horrible/yucky "experiments" of mine (sorry!!). I will continue with this post and hopefully, I will keep up the posts with more yummy food.

This post is not actually mine and I obviously did not made this myself. One of the judges was the main "researcher" for this project. Although we are of same ethnicity; however, because our families originated from different regions of Vietnam, so there are some dishes that I have never known; i'm missing out big time. I lived mainly in the Southern part of Vietnam and most of my dishes are influenced by the culinary delicacy of the deep South; however, the judge's family origin came from the coastal area of Vietnam; thus, they are deeply influenced by the seafood flavor.

The soup is best serve when in the cold winter and its broth is quite sweet since the tomato's flavor really complement the seafood base of it. This food is also the perfect cure for hangovers too....you drunkards haha

Ingredients:
1/2 lbs of shrimp
3 tomatoes (diced into 8 chunks)
1 package of tofu
pinch of salt and sugar
one cup of cilantro
4 cups of water or 3 cups of water and one cup of chicken broth

Instructions:
Bring the water to boil
Pour shrimp when boils and let it cook for 10 minutes
Pour the tomatoes in and let it cook for another 7 minutes in medium heat
Cut tofus into medium size cubes and pour tofus in lastly; another 8 minutes in medium heat.

Servings:
This pot should feed around 8 people.
Add some cilantro on top of the soup for garnishing and a hint of herb flavor.


Goodnight Texas,

=]

My next inspiration: GUESS WHAT IT IS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment