Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Tradition Vietnamese Soup


Sorrryyy...I've been caught up with schoolworks and I'm finally finished with the worst week of the semester so far (3 tests, 2 papers and 1 presentation). So based on my roommate's demand, the Hot and Sour Fish Soup is what I've experimented with and this is the recipe i modeled after. i have made some minor adjustments as I do not have all the ingredients followed.




My version includes:
1) Tomatoes
2)Bean sprout
3)Water-spinach
4)Okra
5) Taro root
6) CATFISH!!!! (the central ingredient)

There are also assorted ingredients too such as tamarind paste, fish sauce, sugar, salt, and sugar. I dont know how much i exactly I put in of each because Asians dont do that...we eye-measure everything haha

I followed the instruction step-by-step and it is fairly easy and simple soup. This is my final version of the soup turns out to be like:



Well overall, I received a 3 thumbs up because of the lack of ingredients and the "judges" advised me not to overcook the fish next time. Oh well, tough luck and a lesson learned.

P.S. the final judge still has not decided on her alias yet and i'll be sure to update that ASAP!!! Whoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment